Empowering our clients with innovative technology to help them build a better future for themselves, their employees, and New Zealand is the reason why we cannot wait to get to work everyday.
Our clients' privacy and the protection of their intellectual property is a non-negotiable for us. Therefore we cannot always share the exciting electronics projects we work on. Thank you to these clients below who have granted us permission to share the innovation projects that we have developed with them.
Explore a selection of electronics design projects.
- Flight Sounds Ltd looked to Beta Solutions to provide them with expert electronic design skills to help transform their product concept ideas into a commercial reality. The products are specifically developed to enable pilots to interface their real-world aviation headsets to computers, and are intended to closely match the audio intercom and radio features found in actual aircraft cockpits. Flight Sounds have gone on to sell thousands of products to users all around the world.
- Beta Solutions partnered with Atkinson & Rapley Consulting Ltd, designing a dual-channel, broad-spectrum, USB sound recording device for recording environmental sound, specifically for investigating industrial noise pollution. The low noise specifications were very strict, but the end result surpassed their expectations.
- Beta Solutions were engaged by a leading manufacturer of industrial fume cupboards to overhaul the design of their existing controllers. Custom electronic PCBs and dedicated embedded firmware were developed to control their safety critical products. Despite the tight specifications and timeframes, the project was completed on time and on budget.
- Anyone who has experienced being shocked by a several thousand volt Electric Fence knows it hurts - really hurts! Daniel Hall envisaged it should be possible to implement some "smart technology" - harnessing the power of a modern smart phone - to detect whether the fence was on or off. With that in mind, Dan engaged Beta Solutions to assist with the development. What resulted was a product which won the Vodafone Innovation in Technology Award at the National Fieldays at Mystery Creek in 2015.
- Optical Engineering Solutions Ltd ("OES") are pioneers in the world of digital optical trial frames and Beta Solutions were privileged to partner with them to develop their first prototype. These digital frames overcome some significant limitations over their traditional "analogue" counter parts and propel trial frames into the 21st century.
- Real-Time Aircraft Tracking System - featuring global coverage via the Iridium Satellite Network.