There are a lot of questions at the start of a new project, and we are always just a phone call or email away to answer your queries.
Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions we get:
How do I share my idea without compromising my intellectual property?
- The more information you can initially share with us regarding your idea - the better equipped we will be to fully understand your requirements and design you a winning product. As it is in both of our best interests, the privacy of your idea and any privileged information you share with us will remain confidential.
- If beneficial, we may also jointly decide to supply you with our non-disclosure agreement, which will protect our mutual interests in written form.
How much will it cost?
Cost is obviously a very important factor in product design. The total cost of a new product will often be comprised of (i) R&D professional time costs, (ii) Materials costs, and (iii) Tooling/Setup costs.
How we price a job, depends on the nature/category of that particular project. For instance:
- Simple projects contain no variables/unknowns. Hence, we will be able to issue a fixed price quote.
- Complicated projects contain some variables/unknowns. While we may be able to provide you with a very general cost estimate, in order to understand and eliminate these variables and unknowns we will first need to undertake a Project Scope. We will then be in a better position to issue you the expected costs for the full project. The cost of undertaking a Project Scope will be agreed up-front.
- Complex projects contain many variables/unknowns. Therefore, it is not possible to provide the expected full costs of these projects until later in the development. We would typically undertake these projects on an agile, hour-rate basis, with an agreed up-front amount of hours per stage of work.
Can you also manufacture & supply my product on an ongoing basis?
Yes! The team at Beta Solutions have in-house technical resources, a trusted supply network built up over years of experience, and robust quality management processes to deliver your product on an ongoing basis as required:
- Low Volume Production - Beta Solutions has an on-premise lab that is equipped to handle rapid prototyping and small volume manufacturing - saving you time and money.
- High Volume Production - Beta Solutions offers high volume manufacturing production using our trusted network of national and international ISO9001 suppliers - ensuring on time delivery and quality control of your product.
Why should I choose Beta Solutions as my innovation partner?
- Your success is our success - it is our passion to empower our clients with innovative solutions and technology that make a positive impact in their businesses and communities.
- Since 2008, we have designed hundreds of technical projects across many industries, both locally and internationally. Our experienced engineers have specialist knowledge and up to date technological know how in electronics and PCB design, electro-mechanical design, and software design.
- Our tried and trusted innovation process ensure the right mix of flexibility and creativity without compromising quality standards. You can rest assured that we work with up to date technology and design tools that, combined with our skills and processes, will give your product a competitive edge in the marketplace.
How long will it take?
New product development often involves the exciting process of creating never-before-developed entities - and each new product is unique. Some new products can be developed in as little as a month or two - while others can take a years to fully develop before they are ready to be commercialised.
How we scope and plan the time involved to complete a job, depends on the nature/category of that particular project. For instance:
- Simple projects contain no variables/unknowns. Therefore, we will be able to issue a reasonably certain delivery date in the quote.
- Complicated projects contain some variables/unknowns. Similarly as to arriving at a cost, we may be able to provide a broad time estimate, but will need to undertake a formal Project Scoping exercise, understanding and eliminating variables, in order to be in a better position to issue you the expected time frames for the full project.
Complex projects contain many variables/unknowns. Hence, it is not possible to provide the expected time frame to undertake the full project until later in the development. We would typically undertake these projects on an agile, iterative basis, with an up-front agreed amount of hours (a.k.a “chunk of work”).
Considering the above, we at Beta Solutions are committed to effective communication at key project gates to keep our clients apprised of developments.